Clive is a business-oriented HR professional with 35 years experience and a significant record of achievement covering all aspects of people management. He was Head of Employment Relations at the British Council until 1995 and then for 15 years HR Director at University of the Arts London. During his time there he was also Chair of the Specialist HE Colleges Personnel Network; a member of the Joint National Council for Higher Education Staff; Non-Executive Director and Chair of the Educational Competencies Consortium Ltd; and a member of HEFCE Working Group on Collaborations, Alliances and Mergers.
In 2011 Clive co-founded Direct Reports Ltd through which (as B3sixty) he offers specialist workplace investigation and dispute resolution services, and (as C3sixty) practical support for organisational change. In both areas Clive continues to work with a large number of Higher Education Institutions. He is a regular attendee at UniversitiesHR Conferences in the UK, offering Workshops on relevant aspects of employment relations in the context of organisational change.
Qualifications and Memberships
- BA (Hons) Politics. Reading University
- MA in Contemporary European Studies. Reading University
- Diploma in Industrial Relations. Polytechnic of Central London
- MBA Roffey Park Management Institute/University of Sussex
- MCIPD – Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
- FRSA – Fellow of the Royal Society for the encouragement of the Arts, Manufactures and Commerce