Maggie is a professional management consultant who focuses wholly on HR management and the ‘people’ related practices in organisations. She has partnered with leaders in higher education in Canada and the UK to facilitate improved performance and successful and sustainable change.
- Change Management
- Leadership coaching and development
- HR Strategy development and implementation
- Compensation and classification
- Performance Management
- Policy development
- HR systems, processes and practices
- HR function, capability and capacity reviews
- Organisation design
- Facilitation and team development
- Organization Development<
Maggie has worked as a professional in the field of human resources for over 30 years. For more than 10 of those years she worked in HR leadership and executive roles managing full portfolios of HR activities including staff management, HR strategy and planning, policy development, collective bargaining, compensation, performance management, recruitment and on-boarding, employee relations, training and organization development. Maggie started her career in HR with the Hay Group in the UK where she worked as a consultant developing compensation, performance management, organization design and strategic HR solutions for clients. After moving to western Canada, Maggie continued to pursue her passion for HR management, working in leadership roles for the Province of BC in Compensation Management, HR Planning and Development, and, as Executive Director of HR Development where she established and managed the HR function for Tourism BC. In her twenty years as a management consultant, Maggie has focused on collaborating with the staff and stakeholders of client organizations to fully engage their human potential as they navigate complex change. She is a masterful facilitator and HR strategist, and an expert in HR and Change Management. Amongst her achievements Maggie includes realigning the HR functions of multiple organizations to measurably improve performance; leading the Change Management function for major systems implementations, and leading the people-related activities for several major organization mergers and strategic realignments. She has taught Change Management at Royal Roads University.
Her portfolio of higher education clients includes Royal Roads University, University of Victoria, University of London, Leicester College, Northern Lights College, Keyano College, Grande Prairie Regional College and the BC Ministry of Advanced Education.
- Certified Management Consultant (Canadian Chapter)
- PROSCI Certificate in Change Management
- Masters in Management (Imperial College, London University)
- Bachelor of Science, Manchester University
- Certificate in Emotional Intelligence Coaching (Learning in Action Technologies in USA
- Certificate in Somatic Transformation (University of Washington affiliate).